Sunday, 15 June 2014

Victoria’s West Coast: Port Fairy




I've missed blogging and yada yada yada. You know the drill, I've typed it before, I've meant it before and yet, nothings come of it. It's been a while since I checked in and whilst I've been enjoying reading other blogs, I haven't felt compelled to write on my own. Those that follow me on Instagram would have a good idea of what I've been up to. There's been periods of quiet (work weeks, typically) interspersed with trips to Malaysia, Brisbane and Victoria's west coast.

Last weekend was a long one here in Victoria with Monday off to celebrate the Queen's Birthday (yes, I realise her birthday is in April but we've always had the public holiday in June). I tacked another day of annual leave on to it and headed down the West Coast with Rob.

Could a town have a more wonderful name than Port Fairy? Depending on the route you take, it's between 4 and 6 hours west of Melbourne and was our base for two nights. We paid a bit of a premium to have a beach front rental and don't regret it for a moment. The views from the bedroom, living room and even the kitchen (via a mirror) were phenomenal for this beach loving girl. As far as winter weekends go, this was a mild one so we were able to leave the deck door open a bit, just to ensure we could always hear the waves. 


{views from our deck, the lighthouse just visible at the tip of the point}

Our two days there were leisurely. Walks along the foreshore, walks along the Moyne River, walks out to Griffith's Island and it lighthouse. A treat of a dinner, served fireside dinner in Victoria's oldest Inn. I never tired of the views from our place and a week later, I'm yet to tire of the photos. It was all very relaxed and just what we were looking for.

After two nights (not nearly enough, I tell you!) we headed even further west but I’ll fill you in on that and share some pictures in the next post. Below are some of my favourite pics from the trip. Any you love?


There is a lot more to Port Fairy than these pictures show (art galleries, cafes, a dock, a river, historic buildings and more), I just really didn't capture them well.

------------------------------

For reference, we stayed at Ella Blue holiday rental and loved it. The kitchen was a bit sparsely stocked but it wasn't a major issue and I'd happily stay there again





1 comment:

  1. Wow, these photos are amazing! I can't pick a favorite! I am glad you had such a great get away. I look forward to hearing more about what you have been up to!!

    ReplyDelete